Aayushi K. Patel is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Chicago office, where she focuses her practice on a variety of corporate transactions. Ms. Patel represents both public and privately held companies with respect to mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate formation, governance and compliance.
Ms. Patel's representative transactions include:
- representing a foreign funeral services company in the equity purchase of a U.S.-based funeral company and its subsidiaries
- representing a privately held investment advisory firm in the sale of substantially all of its equity interest
- representing a nursing home in the asset sale of an Illinois facility and its operations
- representing a security services company in the asset sale of its entire business
- representing numerous foreign corporations in the formation of U.S. subsidiaries
While in law school, Ms. Patel served as a judicial intern for the Honorable John J. Kralik of the Los Angeles Superior Court, Central Civil West Courthouse. In addition, she was an editor for The Elder Law Journal, treasurer for the Women's Law Society, and a member of the Corporate and Business Law Association.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Illinois, B.S., Finance; Minor in Political Science
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2017-Present
- South Asian Bar Association, 2017-Present
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Transactional Law, 2017