Sameer V. Patel is a partner in Holland & Knight's Chicago office. He practices in the area of tax incentive financing with a particular focus on the syndication of new markets tax credits, state tax credits and historic rehabilitation tax credits. More recently, his practice has included advising on Opportunity Zone investments in connection with other tax-advantaged investments.
Mr. Patel primarily represents institutional investors, community development entities and developers on using tax credits to finance economic development and historic rehabilitation projects. He provides comprehensive counsel to clients using his extensive tax and real estate knowledge.
In addition to his legal work, Mr. Patel is a frequent speaker at industry conferences on tax-related topics.
- Represented an institutional investor in the NMTC financing for the construction of a charter school (K-12) located in Gary, Ind.
- Represented an institutional investor in the NMTC financing of a charter school (grades 6-12) located in Los Angeles
- Represented an institutional lender and investor in the NMTC financing of a charter school (middle school) located in Chicago
- Represented a CDE lender in connection with a NMTC loan to a charter school (grades 3-12) located in Chicago
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D.
- DePaul University, B.S., Information Systems
- Metropolitan Planning Council, Board of Governors
- American Bar Association
- Novogradac New Markets Tax Credit Working Group
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020