Zachary Pechter is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Fort Lauderdale office. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), securities, and outsourcing and technology transactions. Mr. Pechter represents companies in a wide range of corporate, securities, technology and outsourcing matters across various industries. His experience includes asset purchase agreements, securities purchase agreements, mergers, F-reorganizations, equity and debt securities issuances and investments, periodic securities filings, corporate reorganizations, and integration of software platforms. Mr. Pechter also advises clients on corporate governance issues and other general corporate law matters.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight as an attorney, Mr. Pechter worked at the firm in various capacities within the business section during each summer of college and law school. In 2015, he also worked as a legal intern at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), where he investigated financial institutions and analyzed securities transactions.
During law school, Mr. Pechter was a member of the Florida State University Law Review and the Florida State University College of Law Moot Court Team, as well as a semifinalist in the Irving R. Kaufman Memorial Securities Law Moot Court Competition.
- Represented Castle Brands Inc. in its $223 million sale to a subsidiary of Pernod Ricard, the second largest worldwide producer of wines and spirits, through a cash tender offer followed by a short-form cash merger
- Represented Funky Buddha Brewery in its sale to Constellation Brands, Inc., a leading beverage alcohol company
- Represented Altra Industrial Motion Corp. in its definitive agreement to combine with four operating companies from Fortive’s Automation and Specialty platform
- Represented private equity firm Generation Partners in its recent investment in PayActiv, the largest provider of employment-based holistic financial wellness services
- Represented Trivest Partners in its: 1) acquisition of GetixHealth; 2) acquisition of Insurance Data Services, Inc.; 3) acquisition of B&J Peerless and Beltram Foodservice Group; and 4) acquisition of Louis Wohl & Sons, Inc.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., Certificate in Business Law, magna cum laude
- University of Colorado, B.S., Business Marketing
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Management, Certificate, Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy
- Florida State University Law Review
- Holland & Knight PCS Pro Bono All Star, 2017-2020
- Book Award, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016
- Book Award, Financial Statements Interpretation, 2015