Luisella "Sella" Perri is a financial services attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. Ms. Perri concentrates her practice on federal tax laws and regulations related to tax-exempt financings.
Ms. Perri has experience serving as bond counsel for a wide variety of public finance transactions, including the issuance of tax-exempt, fixed and variable rate bonds, advance and current refundings, leases and installment purchase agreements. She advises clients on issues related to private use, reissuances, arbitrage and exempt facility qualification, and financing. She also counsels clients on a variety of post-issuance compliance issues, including Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit and review activities. In addition, Ms. Perri represents commercial lending institutions, developers and investors in various financing and leasing projects. She also has a significant background in conduit 501(c)(3) and governmental tax-exempt financing transactions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Perri was an attorney at the Baltimore office of a mid-Atlantic law firm, as well as other law firms in Maryland. She also served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Ruth A. Jakubowski of the Circuit Court for Baltimore County, Maryland.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Taxation
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D.
- Guilford College, B.S., Political Science; Justice and Policy Studies
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Leadership Maryland, Class of 2021
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL), Tax Law Committee, 2015-Present; Vice Chair, Section 103 Editorial Board, 2020, 2021
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Chimes, Board Member, 2020-Present
- St. Elizabeth School Foundation, Board Member, 2018-Present
- Itineris Baltimore, Board of Directors, 2017-2018
- Baltimore Walk Now for Autism Speaks, Committee Co-Chair, 2014-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Public Finance Law, 2021, 2022; Tax Law, 2021, 2022
- The Daily Record, Leading Women, 2017
- Inspiring Voices Award, Community Law in Action (CLIA), 2015
- Rising Stars, Maryland Super Lawyers, Taxation, 2014