Zoe Phelps is an attorney at Holland & Knight's Dallas office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Ms. Phelps handles a wide variety of legal issues in the financial, employment and healthcare industries.
Ms. Phelps has experience with a broad range of legal matters, including drafting pleadings, drafting and arguing motions, discovery management, complex commercial disputes, breach of contract, fraud claims, labor and employment disputes, commercial arbitration and settlement negotiations.
During law school, Ms. Phelps interned for the Honorable Diana Song Quiroga, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Laredo Division courthouse. She also served as president of the Asian American Law Students Association and competed in various national mock trial and moot court teams.
- Representing an employer in an U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) dispute
- Representing a managed care company in various litigation matters
- Representing a financial services company in breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation litigation
- Representing a multinational banking and financial services corporation in garnishment matters
- Obtained copyright registration for a digitally remastered documentary film originally created before the 1976 Copyright Act; the copyright registration allows the client to license the film to television networks and streaming services
- Obtained a temporary injunction against a former employee for breach of non-compete agreement
- Represented a commercial tenant in temporary restraining order (TRO) concerning lockout and potential breach of lease
- Baylor Law School, J.D.
- Texas A&M University, B.A., Political Science and Spanish, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers