Sarah Pickering is a New York business attorney in the firm's Private Wealth Services Group. Ms. Pickering has experience with trust and estate planning for high-net-worth individuals and their families, with an emphasis on wealth management and multigenerational succession planning.
Ms. Pickering works with clients and their advisors to implement strategies for income, gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer (GST) tax efficiency. In addition, she helps clients achieve their non-tax goals, including creditor protection and charitable giving. Ms. Pickering has experience structuring prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. She also advises clients on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Voluntary Disclosure programs and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Pickering handled private wealth services matters for an international law firm in its New York office. While in law school, Ms. Pickering was a judicial intern for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and served as executive development articles editor for the Review of Banking and Financial Law.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Chicago, B.A., with honors
- New York
- Chair, Membership & Law Student Committee, Trusts & Estates Law Section of the New York City Bar Association, 2020-2023
- New York City Bar Association's Trusts, Estates & Surrogates Courts Committee, 2020-2023
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Inaugural Mid-Atlantic Fellows Institute, 2019-2020
- Rising Star Fellow, New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section, 2019