Tara R. Price is a Tallahassee litigation attorney who practices administrative, commercial and appellate law, with a focus on assisting both public and private clients in navigating the intersection of litigation, regulation and politics. In addition, Ms. Price has considerable experience representing governmental clients, including the Florida Senate and Florida Secretary of State, in high-profile matters. Ms. Price's appellate experience includes the representation of clients before Florida's district courts of appeal, the Florida Supreme Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Ms. Price's representative matters include:
- helping secure a key victory for the Florida's electric cooperatives in a high-profile matter before the Florida Supreme Court, which resulted in the rejection of a proposed constitutional amendment that would have radically altered the way Florida's electric cooperatives and other electric utilities operate their utility businesses
- successfully representing regional associations of Florida Pilots who were seeking rate increases before the Florida Pilotage Rate Review Committee, Board of Pilot Commissioners
- representing Florida's business interests before the Florida Supreme Court in matters such as the Daubert evidentiary rule and Florida's summary-judgment procedure.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Price was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Adalberto Jordan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the Honorable Robert L. Hinkle of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
During law school, Ms. Price interned for the Honorable Charles T. Canady of the Florida Supreme Court. She was one of 13 students from more than 150 statewide applicants selected to serve as a gubernatorial fellow in 2010 and 2011 for Governors Charlie Crist and Rick Scott.
Before attending law school, Ms. Price worked for more than eight years as a communications professional in Florida, including service in the state executive and legislative branches, as well as on one presidential and two statewide campaigns. From 2006 to 2009, she worked as the communications director for Florida Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink. Ms. Price also worked as a communications professional in the Florida House of Representatives during four regular and numerous special sessions, where she analyzed legislation and assisted dozens of state legislators with media relations and constituent outreach.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of South Florida, B.A., Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Florida State University College of Law Alumni Board, Board of Directors
- The Florida Bar, Leadership Academy Committee; Second Judicial Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Litigation Committee and Young Lawyers Division
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2019-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tallahassee Appellate Practice Ones to Watch, 2022
- The Florida Bar's Wm. Reece Smith Jr. Leadership Academy, Fellow
- Order of the Coif, 2012
- Senior Editor, Florida State University Law Review, 2012
- Best Brief Awards in Two National Moot Court Competitions, 2011-2012
- Best Appellate Advocate, Final Four Competition, FSU Moot Court Team, 2010
- Best Advocate, FSU Mock Trial Team, 2010
- Book Awards: Criminal Procedure-Police, Judicial Opinion Writing, Supreme Court Role Play, Constitutional Law II, Land Use Regulation, Florida Administrative Practice, 20th Century American Legal History, and Legal Writing & Research II, 2010-2012
- Meritorious Service Award, Florida State University Law Review, Volume 39, 2011-2012
- Best Overall Student Article, Florida State University Law Review, Volume 39, 2011-2012