Benjamin Pugh is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Orange County office. He provides comprehensive representation for clients by utilizing his extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation in state and federal courts in California, Nevada, Colorado, Delaware, New York and other jurisdictions.
Throughout his career, Mr. Pugh has amassed a high success rate at trial, before the California Court of Appeal, and has six published appellate decisions. His clients include judges, other law firms, public companies, hospitals, universities, local cities, private companies, startup companies, entrepreneurs, investors and public interest groups.
Mr. Pugh has been a guest lecturer at Pepperdine University School of Law and California State University, Long Beach, College of Business.
- Successfully defended a technology company from two successive shareholder derivative lawsuits
- Obtained a Writ of Mandate voiding a $22 million trash collection contract procured in violation of a city's competitive bidding laws
- Enforced the document inspection rights of two Irvine City Council Members against the Orange County Great Park Corp.
- Defended a challenged election of directors of a local homeowners' association
- Enforced a shareholder buy-sell agreement leading to a favorable settlement immediately prior to closing arguments
- Represented a publicly traded healthcare corporation in the prosecution of two trials for breach of a settlement agreement by the client's former labor attorney
- Enforced a nuisance claim against a neighboring property owner
- Prosecuted a petition to recover attorneys' fees incurred for the benefit of a conservatee's trust
- Eliminated charges to which clients objected in a breach of contract action
- Prosecuted a breach of professional fee agreement
- Represented an entertainment company in a breach of contract claim with consequential damages award
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- UCLA, B.A.
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Orange County Bar Association, 1999-Present
- Federalist Society, Orange County Chapter, Board of Directors, 1999-Present
- Atlas Political Action Committee, Board Member and Chairman of the Endorsements Committee, 2005-Present
- Southern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2017, 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated