Tracy Quinn is an intellectual property litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. Ms. Quinn focuses her practice on patent, trademark, trade dress and copyright infringement disputes, trade secret litigation and other technology-related matters. Ms. Quinn offers her clients considerable first-chair trial experience and a focus on finding pragmatic and cost-effective solutions that meet their critical business objectives.
In addition to her intellectual property litigation practice, Ms. Quinn serves as the pro bono coordinator for the firm's Intellectual Property group.
Ms. Quinn's recent intellectual property engagements include:
- served as lead trial counsel for manufacturer of pioneering technology used in hydrogen refueling stations and other alternative energy applications in multinational trade secret dispute with customer/competitor and former employee; secured favorable settlement after prevailing on several key pre-trial issues and pursuing aggressive and effective discovery
- served as lead trial counsel for maker of a leading line of foot care products in a trademark infringement suit brought by its largest branded competitor; secured denial of competitor's motion to preliminarily enjoin the sale of a highly successful line of specialty orthotic insoles, then secured unanimous jury verdict of non-infringement at trial
- served as lead trial counsel for eyewear manufacturer accused of patent infringement; secured judgment of patent invalidity in "case stated" proceeding and, as lead appellate counsel, secured affirmance of that judgment to Federal Circuit
- served as lead trial counsel in a trade dress infringement suit brought by the manufacturer of a famous sunscreen brand against leading manufacturer of generic sunscreen products; in preliminary injunction proceedings, obtained a ruling requiring defendant to change its product packaging within two weeks
- served as lead trial counsel and obtained full defense verdict of patent invalidity, non-infringement and unenforceability in two-week jury trial for manufacturer of anti-theft security devices accused of patent infringement, and secured an award of all attorneys' fees and litigation costs
- served as lead counsel for global pharmaceutical company defending against allegations of trade secret misappropriation and breach of a patent license relating to a novel vaccine anticipated to generate hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue per year
- represented global automobile manufacturer in defense of patent infringement cases involving technologies such as navigation systems, responsive headlights, hybrid technology, airbag deployment and remote keyless entry
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property magazine, Trademark, 2020
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine, Intellectual Property Litigation, 2014-2018
- Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine, 2005-2007
- IP Law & Business, Top 50 Under 45, 2008