Melissa Estrada Ramirez is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Chicago office and a member of the firm's Financial Services Team. She represents borrowers and lenders in senior secured credit facilities, second-lien credit facilities, real estate finance and syndicated credit facilities.
During law school, Ms. Ramirez served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Matthew F. Kennelly in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Additionally, she was an articles editor for the Northwestern Journal of Law and Social Policy. She also worked as a teaching assistant for property courses.
Prior to beginning her law career, Ms. Ramirez worked for four years as a teacher in Chicago and Houston.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
- University of St. Thomas, M.Ed.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., Communication; Spanish
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois (HLAI)
- Teach For America, Alumni
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020