Tonya A. Rodgers
Tonya Rodgers is a New York business attorney and a member of the firm's Corporate, M&A and Securities Group. She advises companies on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, cross-border transactions and general corporate matters.
Ms. Rodgers represents companies and private equity firms in private company acquisitions, strategic investments, debt financings and licensing, and joint venture arrangements. She also has experience in general commercial transactions, venture capital financing and emerging company matters and corporate governance. Ms. Rodgers represents clients in a wide range of industries and subject matters, including software as a service (SaaS) solutions, healthcare, biotechnology, aerospace, manufacturing and financial services.
Ms. Rodgers' pro bono work focuses on counseling nonprofits that deliver healthcare and educational assistance overseas, including in Haiti and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Prior to law school, Ms. Rodgers led the client services department of an expense management SaaS company in New York City.
Ms. Rodgers' representative matters include advising:
- Cengage Learning on its acquisition of InfoSec, a cybersecurity education and training platform
- Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies business, on its acquisition of FlightAware, a leading digital aviation company providing global flight tracking solutions, predictive technology, analytics and decision-making tools
- A private equity firm on its acquisition of an enterprise-level artificial intelligence (AI) and internet of things (IoT) technology development company
- A New York-based bank on its internal restructuring and merger of four subsidiary banks
- Raytheon Technologies in its purchase of Blue Canyon Technologies, a leading small satellite manufacturer and mission services provider
- Refinitiv in its acquisition of AlphaDesk, a cloud-based order management system
- Refinitiv in its acquisition of wealth management platform Scivantage
- A leading private equity firm in the sale of a fiberglass manufacturer
- Velocity Outdoor Inc., a portfolio company of Compass Diversified Holdings (CODI), in its acquisition of Ravin Crossbows LLC, a leading designer, manufacturer and innovator of crossbows and accessories
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A., Anthropology and English, magna cum laude
- New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association