Gustavo A. Rodriguez-Villate is a financial services attorney in Holland & Knight's New York City office. Mr. Rodriguez-Villate focuses his practice on financial transactions and general corporate matters, with experience in project finance and corporate finance in local and cross-border lending transactions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Rodriguez-Villate worked as an in-house attorney for several Colombian financial institutions, including one of Colombia's biggest banks as part of the corporate transactional legal team for the bank and their affiliates. He also worked as a transactional attorney representing Colombia's infrastructure development bank in several project finance transactions. In that role, he participated in the drafting, negotiation and closing of several toll-road projects related to Colombia's 4G toll road program.
- Advised a major Colombian company in the financing granted by several U.S. and international lenders for approximately US$300 million to, among others, refinance its existing debt
- Advised a Mexican real estate investment trust (REIT) in connection with its acquisition financing of a significant real estate portfolio of almost 80 industrial properties (1.2 million square meters in gross leasable area) and a land reserve (approximately 1 million square meters) in Mexico
- Advised a master franchisee of quick-service restaurants in Mexico and Latin America in connection with its corporate reorganization under the conditions of a secured dual-currency financing facility arranged by a leading U.S. bank
- Currently advising lenders in connection with the proposed dual currency project financing for a regional power transmission project in Colombia
- Currently representing the borrower in connection to a project financing provided by U.S. Development Finance Corporation (DFC) for the construction of several low-income housing projects in Mexico
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M., Banking and Financial Law
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Post-Graduate Degree, Corporate Law
- Universidad del Rosario, Post-Graduate Degree, Financial Law
- Universidad del Rosario, J.D.
- New York
- John Serino Outstanding Graduate Banking & Financial Law Student Prize, Boston University School of Law, 2019