Ruarri M. Rogan is a commercial litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Mr. Rogan practices law before arbitral tribunals – the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS) – as well as federal and state courts. He primarily focuses in a variety of areas such as commercial contract disputes, mass arbitration, consumer arbitration, unfair competition law, cross-border litigation, judgment enforcement, asset recovery, asset tracing, asset seizure, the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA), Hague Convention foreign discovery and intermediary bank discovery.
Mr. Rogan focuses on defending financial service providers in contract disputes and federal cases related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Additionally, Mr. Rogan has experience representing judgment creditors in enforcement cases worldwide, including Europe, Scandinavia, Asia and the Middle East. He also assists international clients with discovery applications for foreign proceedings. His practice includes serving as counsel for foreign entities seeking remedies in the United States, helping foreign sovereigns recover global assets and assisting judgment creditors in recovering from foreign sovereigns.
Mr. Rogan's representative matters include:
- counsel to a real estate investment management and asset management company seeking an ex parte writ of attachment against fraudulently acquired real property in Manhattan and Long Island
- counsel to a foreign sovereign bank seeking a judgment against a foreign sovereign that defaulted upon sovereign bonds
- counsel to a cryptocurrency service provider in a $100 million mass arbitration
- counsel to a Middle Eastern businessman seeking recovery of fraudulently transferred goods
- counsel to a high-net-worth individual wrongfully removed from a transfer upon death account as a result of undue influence
- counsel to a foreign energy company seeking to set aside a default judgment in New York state court
- counsel to a judgment creditor seeking to recover an arbitral award from foreign diplomats in the United States
- counsel to a class of investors defrauded of tens of millions of dollars in supposed fiat currency and cryptocurrency investments
- counsel to a foreign sovereign in a multinational operation to recover dissipated state assets and state treasure misappropriated by a former government
- counsel to a Scandinavian bankruptcy estate seeking claw back from unsecured-creditor hedge funds that transferred assets to the detriment of secured creditors
- counsel to a pharmaceuticals manufacturer seeking damages for a breach of contract
- discovery co-counsel to a publicly listed company in an unfair competition action
Prior to rejoining Holland & Knight, Mr. Rogan served as an assistant clerk in the chambers of the Honorable Andrew Borrok in the New York State Supreme Court within New York County's Commercial Division. He previously was an attorney in the firm's New York office from January 2021 to September 2022.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Rogan worked in the digital information space for a Dutch multinational company. At that time, he consulted with research and development (R&D) teams in Africa, the Middle East, Northern Europe, Scandinavia and the United Kingdom.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Amsterdam, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021