Gerardo Rotzinger is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Mexico City office, where he focuses his practice on financial services and securitizations transactions. He possesses a breadth of experience providing counsel on issues related to finance transactions involving Mexican and foreign companies and financial institutions.
In addition, Mr. Rotzinger is well-versed in advising on the financial reorganizations of Mexican local governments, having assisted on several such matters in which he represented the main lenders. Specifically, he advised on loans granted pursuant to Mexico's law on financial discipline for federal entities and municipalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Rotzinger assists in the development and financing of infrastructure projects, including renewable energy initiatives.
- Advised Banco Multiva on three loan transactions to the states of: 1) Morelos, a loan of MX$838.5 million (approximately US$40 million); 2) Veracruz, a loan of MX$5 billion (approximately US$250 million) as part of a financial reorganization totaling MX$46 billion (approximately US$2.3 billion); and 3) Nuevo Leon, a loan of MX$1.2 billion (approximately US$60 million); Banco Multiva was selected as lender to the states through a competitive bidding process
- Represented Banco Multiva in the financing of MX$5 billion granted to the Mexican state of Quintana Roo as part of a MX$19 billion financial reorganization
- Advised Banco Multiva in a total of four loans to Nuevo Leon for a combined amount of MXN$6.6 billion (US$362 million), as part of the Mexican state's financial reorganization
- Represented Banco Multiva in a MX$1.5 billion financing to the Mexican state of Nuevo Leon as part of a MX$42 billion financial reorganization
- Represented the Mexican state of Sonora in a MX$1.5 billion financing granted by Banorte
- Advised in a US$45 million (MX$800 million) securities issuance by Mexican state consumer lending agency Instituto del Fondo Nacional para el Consumo de los Trabajadores (Infonacot) on the Mexican Stock Exchange; Actinver Casa de Bolsa S.A. de C.V. acted as placement agent; issuance was part of Infonacot's US$570 million (MX$10 billion) debt program.
- Advised Infonacot on a US$111 million (MX$2 billion) securities issuance on the Mexican Stock Exchange
- Provided counsel on the financing and legal matters related to a 1-gigawatt (GW) wind farm to be developed in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas
- Advised Apple Bank for Savings and AirFinance Leasing on a $10 million aircraft financing
- Universidad Panamericana, J.D.
- Universidad Panamericana, Commercial and Corporate Law Institutions Specialty
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Banking and Finance, 2019