Steven Sandretto is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the Corporate, M&A and Securities Practice Group. Mr. Sandretto has extensive transactional and advisory experience on domestic and cross-border transactions, particularly in Brazil, Mexico and throughout Latin America.
Mr. Sandretto focuses his practice on public and private capital markets transactions, bank financings, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), liability management transactions, and general corporate and securities matters. He has extensive experience representing issuers and investment banks in a wide range of international and domestic debt and equity securities offerings, with a particular emphasis on Rule 144A/Regulation S high-yield debt offerings.
In addition, Mr. Sandretto has significant experience with public company reporting requirements, and advises on the Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, Investment Company Act, New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) listing and compliance, and other corporate governance and compliance matters. Mr. Sandretto also has extensive experience representing numerous Mexican real estate investment trusts (REITs) in capital raising transactions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Sandretto practiced at another international law firm based in New York and São Paulo, Brazil.
- Represented of one of the largest energy companies in Brazil in connection with its inaugural $1 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S debt offering and $500 million follow-on offering, its acquisition of a controlling interest in an electricity distribution company, and in connection with its U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting and compliance and general corporate matters
- Represented various Mexican real estate investment trusts (REITs) in connection with initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings and debt offerings under Rule 144A and Regulation S
- Represented a Korean company in connection with its acquisition of a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed company and its Brazilian subsidiary
- Represented a Colombian financial institution in connection with a liability management transaction and notes reopening under Rule 144A/Regulation S
- Represented a Brazilian FinTech in connection with its U.S. broker-dealer registration
- Represented the largest benefits administrator in Brazil in connection with establishing and registering its Level 1 American Depositary Receipt (ADR) program with the SEC
- Represented a Mexican petroleum products company in connection with its debt restructuring
- Represented the first Mexican mortgage REIT in its $630 million initial public offering
- Represented an administrative agent and lenders in connection with a "green" credit facility of a Spanish utility company
- Represented a Mexican food company in connection with a $1 billion novel and complex acquisition bank financing
- Represented one of the largest private Brazilian groups dedicated exclusively to electricity transmitting activities in Brazil, in terms of revenue, in its US$876 million "re-IPO" of its units
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Michigan State University, B.A., Accounting, summa cum laude
- New York