Jenna F. Schapiro is a Miami corporate attorney and member of the firm's Healthcare & Life Sciences Team.
Ms. Schapiro focuses her practice on corporate and healthcare transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity deals, commercial business arrangements, corporate governance and related matters.
Her comprehensive representation includes advising clients on healthcare regulatory matters, including anti-kickback and self-referral laws, false claims, managed care arrangements, state licensure, Medicare and Medicaid, change of ownership requirements, corporate practice of medicine and dentistry prohibitions, and structuring business models that are compliant with federal and state healthcare laws.
In addition, Ms. Schapiro provides legal counsel to private equity funds, strategic investors, physician and dental practice management companies, hospitals and health systems, healthcare facilities, digital health companies, and physician and dental practices, across a variety of specialties.
In the community, Ms. Schapiro plays an active role through pro bono and outreach efforts. She is a member of the Young Professionals Group and Women's Leadership Society of the United Way of Miami-Dade.
During law school, Ms. Schapiro served as the Communications & Outreach Editor of the University of Miami Law Review and as judicial intern to the Honorable Jonathan Goodman of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Tulane University, B.S., Public Health, cum laude
- AHLA Physician Organizations Leadership Development Program, 2019
- The Florida Bar, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- United Way of Miami-Dade, Young Professionals Group and Women's Leadership Society
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Order of the Coif
- Dean's List, University of Miami School of Law
- Miami Scholar, University of Miami School of Law
- Society of Bar and Gavel, University of Miami School of Law
- Stearns Weaver/Shapiro Scholarship, University of Miami School of Law
- Outstanding Public Interest Scholarship, University of Miami School of Law
- 2014 HOPE Public Interest Innovative Service Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Professional Responsibility, Fall 2014
- Dean's Certificates of Achievement, Evidence and Health Rights Clinic, University of Miami School of Law, Fall 2013
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement, Legal Communication and Research I, University of Miami School of Law, Fall 2012
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Communication and Research I, Fall 2012