Samantha Sharma is a New York real estate attorney who represents a range of clients in a variety of real estate transactions including financings, acquisitions, dispositions, development, and leasing of all types of properties in New York and New Jersey, with a specific emphasis on mortgage and mezzanine loan financing of multi-family, mixed-use and commercial properties across New York.
Ms. Sharma's practice also includes representing the boards of cooperatives and condominiums in the acquisition, disposition and financing of real property.
- Represented and advised a joint venture in connection with a $61 million mortgage and mezzanine refinance of debt encumbering a large distribution facility in Ocala, Florida
- Represented and advised an institutional lender in connection with a $100 million loan to investment firm to refinance debt encumbering multifamily apartment complex
- Represented and advised an institutional lender in connection with a package of loans (in the aggregate amount of approximately $50 million) to large asset management firm to refinance debt encumbering various multifamily properties across New York County
- Represented and advised a portfolio lender in connection with a package of loans (in the aggregate amount of approximately $50 million) to middle market borrower to acquire various multifamily properties across New York, Queens and Brooklyn counties
- Represented and advised an institutional lender in connection with a $35 million loan to middle market borrower to refinance debt encumbering vacant land in Union County, New Jersey
- Represented and advised small commercial lenders in providing loans to condominium boards, secured by common charges, special assessments and future receivables
- Advised institutional lenders in commercial mortgage loan transactions
- Represented and advised a borrower in connection with obtaining a $23.5 million construction loan from federal savings bank encumbering property improved by a condominium building located in New York County
- Represented and advised the boards of various cooperative corporations in connection with refinancing outstanding debt encumbered by the corporations' fee interests in the real property (loan amounts ranging from $5 million to $41.5 million)
- Represented and advised the board of a cooperative corporation in connection with refinancing outstanding debt encumbered by its fee interest in the real property with a commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) lender
- Represented an investor in the $31.5 million disposition of 12 restaurant chain locations across the United States
- Represented a joint venture in the acquisition of membership interests in owner of multifamily development in Maryland, and in the assumption of its $93 million first mortgage loan held by Fannie Mae
- Represented a sponsor of condominium building located in Midtown Manhattan in a $67.5 million bulk sale of 74 rent-stabilized units
- Represented a sponsor of condominium building located in Midtown Manhattan in the negotiation of purchase agreements for ultra-luxury condominium units, with purchase prices of up to $180 million
- Represented a sponsor of condominium building located in Long Island City, New York, in the negotiation of purchase agreements for luxury condominium units
- Represented a developer in the creation of a four-unit residential condominium building located in SoHo district in New York
- Represented a developer in the creation of a two-unit, mixed-use condominium building located in Chinatown district in New York
- Represented and advised various corporations in the negotiation of lease agreements with commercial tenants (professional, retail, restaurants)
- Advised the boards of various cooperative corporations in updating their corporate documents
- Advised the boards of corporations and condominiums in day-to-day corporate governance affairs, including review and negotiation of alteration and maintenance agreements for capital improvements and vendor contracts
- Represented and advised a not-for-profit architectural firm in connection with its petition before the Charities Bureau for approval of the sale of its real property located in Flatiron district in New York
- Touro College, J.D.
- Fairfield University, B.A.
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York City Bar Association
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020