Mr. Soldevilla advises companies and financial institutions on matters related to corporate finance transactions. He handles public bids, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general corporate matters. Mr. Soldevilla also has significant experience on real estate financial transactions, specifically on operations related to public Mexican real estate investment trusts (REITs).
In addition, Mr. Soldevilla is well-versed in procedures and filings with the Mexican Stock Exchange, Mexico's National Banking and Securities Commission, as well as with other federal and local government entities.
- Represented Fibra Educa (MxEDUCA18) in its debut on the Mexican Stock Exchange on June 27. Despite difficult market conditions created by the Mexican presidential election, Fibra Educa raised almost MX$9.43 billion (nearly US$500 million). Its real estate certificates (CBFIs) were listed at $20 pesos each. This is the first FIBRA established to primarily acquire, own, develop, lease and operate real estate assets predominantly in the educational sector in Mexico.
- Advised Fibra UNO (FUNO11.MX) in its US$700 million follow-on equity offering, the fourth international issuance by the company since its initial public offering (IPO) in 2011.
- Represented Fibra Plus on its debut in the capital markets. The Mexican real estate investment trust (FIBRA) announced its IPO, raising MX$1.5 billion. Fibra Plus is the 11th FIBRA to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange. Fibra Plus shares (CBFIs) were listed at MX$15 each. Punto Casa de Bolsa and Finamex participated as lead and co-lead underwriters, respectively.
- Represented Fibra Plus on its debut in the capital markets. Fibra Plus is the 11th FIBRA to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange. Fibra Plus shares (CBFIs) were listed at MX$15 each. Punto Casa de Bolsa and Finamex participated as lead and co-lead underwriters, respectively
- Acted as deal counsel to Fibra Inn (FINN13) in the issuance of US$53 million in bonds expiring in 2021. The issuance will allow the Monterrey-based real estate company to collect up to US$265 million in the future
- Represented Mexican real estate investment trust Fibra Inn in the acquisition of four hotels in Chihuahua City for nearly $40 million. They include a Hampton Inn by Hilton, a Courtyard by Marriott and two City Express hotels. The team also helped the company gain authorization from the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE), the Mexican antitrust commission, for the purchase
- Advised Fibra UNO in setting up a drop-down fund worth US$387 million ($6 billion Mexican pesos), the largest yet in the Mexican real estate development sector
- Represented Fibra HD in its $1,500 billion Mexican pesos (US$100 million) IPO, which was registered with the Mexican Stock Exchange as the 10th Fibra to go public since legal reforms made Fibras possible in 2011
- Represented Fibra UNO, Mexico's first publicly traded REIT, on its third global and landmark follow-on public offering, valued at US $2.5 billion
- Represented Fibra UNO (Mexico's first publicly traded REIT) in its first public stock certificates offering for a total of MX$8.5 billion (US$653 million). The deal marks the first time a Mexican REIT issued debt in the capital markets and is the largest debut for a corporate issuer
- Represented Fibra UNO, in its third global public offering before the Mexican Stock Exchange and in the international markets, valued at US$1.7 billion. Under the terms of the deal, Fibra UNO offered 600 million CBFIs (shares), including an overallotment option. The deal marks the first time in Mexico that a company performed a hot deal option for the base public offer amount
- Represented Fibra UNO in a follow-on offering raising US$700 million. The securities were also placed in global markets in the U.S. and Europe under Rule 144A and Regulation S
- Represented Fibra Uno in its initial public offering that raised MX$3.62 billion (US$300 million). Additionally, certificates were issued to contributors of the real estate properties by means of a private placement, bringing the total value of the issuance to MX$8.27 billion (US$686 million). The securities were also placed in global markets in the U.S. and Europe under Rule 144A and Regulation S
- Represented Fibra Inn in its successful rights offering of US$56 million (approximately MX$1 billion); through the offering, holders of the real estate trust certificates (CBFIs) with ticker symbol FINN13 were given the exclusive right to acquire additional CBFIs in order to increase their participation in the company
- Advised Fibra HD (FIBRHD.MX) in its debt issuance of MX$1.2 million (approximately US$66,000) under its long-term placement program. Fibra HD is a Mexican real estate investment trust (REIT) that acquires, owns and operates real estate properties, including industrial, commercial, office and university properties.
- Universidad Panamericana, J.D.
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Capital Markets, 2019