Janet R. Studley is a retired senior partner in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. She focused her practice on providing legal advice and public policy counsel to the firm's clients, particularly with respect to federal legislation. This representation included international telecommunications, health care, environmental law, financial services, federal taxation and appropriations.
Ms. Studley is the past chair of Holland & Knight's Government Law Section.
From 1977‑1981, Ms. Studley served as Chief Counsel to the Subcommittee on Federal Spending Practices and Open Government of the United States Senate Governmental Affairs Committee. The Subcommittee was chaired by the late Senator Lawton Chiles. In this position, Ms. Studley was principal legal counsel to Senator Chiles and the Subcommittee on all issues within the jurisdiction of the Subcommittee. Her primary responsibilities included drafting, analyzing, and negotiating laws concerning federal procurement policies, regulatory reform, lobbying disclosure and other open government policies. She also conducted extensive Subcommittee investigations of federal agency contracts and procurement practices.
While in law school, Ms. Studley worked at the Center for Governmental Responsibility, a public interest law firm in Gainesville, Florida. After graduation from law school, Ms. Studley clerked for the Honorable Bryan Simpson, United States Court of Appeals, Fifth (now Eleventh) Circuit.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- Emmanuel College, B.A., Economics, with honors
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association, Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities, former Chair
- American Bar Association, Coordinating Committee on Immigration Law, former Chair
- Steering Committee on the Unmet Legal Needs of Children, former Member
- Standing Committee on Legal Aid and Indigent Defendants, 2000-2003
- Council of the Fund for Justice and Education, former Member
- American Bar Association Forum on Communications Law, former Member
- The District of Columbia Bar Foundation, Board Member
- Street Law, Inc., former Board Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Government Relations Law, 2005-2016
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated