Eric J. Taube
Eric Taube is a trusted advisor to and advocate for real estate developers, financial services companies, oil and gas companies, manufacturers, technology companies, professional services firms, restaurants, hospitality companies and more. From start-ups and small businesses to publicly traded multinationals, companies in a wide range of industries rely on him to help solve their problems - both in and out of the courtroom.
He thrives on collaborative problem-solving to help clients achieve their objectives, and he has earned a reputation as a formidable advocate in state and federal courts who fights hard to protect clients' interests. Mr. Taube is equally adept at representing plaintiffs or defendants in complex commercial disputes, and he has extensive experience in the representation of debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees and committees in bankruptcy proceedings. He has significant experience representing clients in fiduciary litigation, real estate disputes, employment disputes, entitlement litigation, securities litigation, construction litigation and contract disputes.
Previously, Mr. Taube was a founding member of Taube Summers Harrison Taylor Meinzer Brown, a preeminent bankruptcy and civil litigation boutique firm in Austin, Texas.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A.
- All U.S. District Courts in Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Austin Bar Foundation, Board of Directors
- Austin Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Local Rules Committee
- Larry E. Kelly Inns of Court, Master
- Travis County Bar Association
- Mobile Loaves & Fishes
- Texas Appleseed, Board of Directors
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Texas), 2018-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2001-2023; Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2010-2023; Commercial Litigation, 2006-2023; Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2011-2023; Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2011-2023; Litigation - Real Estate, 2011-2023; Litigation - Securities, 2011-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Lawyer of the Year, Litigation - Banking and Finance (Austin), 2023
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2021