Christine M. Thebaud is a Washington, D.C., litigation attorney and a member of Holland & Knight's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Ms. Thebaud represents clients in all phases of litigation in state and federal courts.
Ms. Thebaud has assisted clients in matters involving complex commercial disputes, commercial landlord tenant matters and civil enforcement actions.
Ms. Thebaud's recent representative experience includes:
- defending a government subcontractor against False Claims Act (FCA) counts of presentation of false claims, material false records and statements, and reverse false claims
- defending a government contractor in a manufacturing contract dispute centered on termination of the contract
- defending several corporations against claims made by a former executive officer for breach of an employment contract, defamation and declaratory judgment
- defending a corporation and individual against a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) civil enforcement action for false advertising claims related to COVID-19
- representing a commercial landlord in a claim for nonpayment of rent
- representing a national construction company in a dispute over labor managed by independent contractors
In addition, Ms. Thebaud incorporates pro bono work into her practice with a focus on helping active duty service members and veterans.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Thebaud was a summer associate in the firm's Washington, D.C., office and held a legal internship with U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
Before becoming an attorney, Ms. Thebaud spent five years in the U.S. Army as an adjutant general officer. Ms. Thebaud served in the 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne), where she supported commanders and units conducting unconventional warfare and direct action missions across the globe.
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- United States Military Academy, West Point, B.S.
- District of Columbia
- American University Business Law Review, Junior Staffer, 2019-2020; Articles Editor, 2020-2021
- Best Oral Advocate – Legal Rhetoric, American University, Washington College of Law, 2021
- Merit Scholarship, American University, Washington College of Law, 2021
- Dean's List, United States Military Academy, West Point, 2013
- Kimsey Scholar, United States Military Academy, West Point, 2013