Trisha Thompson is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Portland office, where her practice focuses on ethics and risk management for law firms and lawyers, as well as commercial and employment litigation.
Ms. Thompson represents lawyers and law firms in a variety of contexts, from organizational issues (such as formation, operations, dissolution and lateral lawyer moves), to state bar disciplinary defense. She also advises lawyers, law firms and law-related services on regulatory issues, such as unauthorized practice of law, litigation financing, fee splitting, conflicts of interest, confidentiality and evidentiary privilege issues.
As a litigator, Ms. Thompson's practice includes representing clients in employment matters, and real estate and complex business disputes. She also assists clients with the creation of policies and procedures that will prevent litigation.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Thompson worked as the supervisor of a research team at a national healthcare-focused nonprofit organization. During law school, she externed for the Honorable Michael J. McShane in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon and clerked for the Oregon Department of Justice's Labor and Employment Section.
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, B.A., Communications
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- American Bar Association, Center for Professional Responsibility Young Lawyer Steering Committee
- Federal Bar Association, Professional Ethics Committee
- Federal Bar Association, Oregon Chapter, Board Member and Newsletter Editor
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar, Legal Ethics Committee
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Trusts and Estate, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Los Angeles Litigation - Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year, 2022
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All Star, 2018
- Order of the Coif
- Editor-in-Chief, Oregon Law Review