Vicente Umaña Carrizosa is a partner in Holland & Knight's Bogotá, Colombia, office and a member of the firm's Labor, Employment and Benefits Team. He has extensive legal and business experience in managing corporate labor relations both in Colombia and the region, including developing and implementing labor legal strategies for corporations, overseeing and managing relationships with Colombian labor unions, and negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
Mr. Umaña is a Colombian Army Reserve Officer.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Umaña served as Area Counsel for South America at IBM and as Regional Employee Relations Vice President for Citibank, where he handled labor relations. He has an extensive understanding of how large international corporations operate and how to address and help resolve labor issues faced by corporations.
In addition, he has been member of the Colombian Official Delegation at the International Labor Organization (ILO) Conference in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Advised and served as the lead negotiator to a multinational conglomerate engineering, procurement and construction company in the negotiation of a $130 million two-year collective bargaining agreement, covering more than 10,000 employees based in Colombia
- Led due diligence processes for local and international, mid-sized and multinational companies in the oil and gas, finance and agro-industrial sectors in Colombia
- Negotiated three collective bargaining agreements for more than 3,000 employees in Colombia for a leading global financial services institution
- Advised on labor and corporate issues for the largest employment and outsourcing provider to the retail, hospitality, airlines, oil and gas, telecommunications and entertainment sectors in Colombia
- Counseled the leading provider of medicinal, industrial and special gases and gases-related services in Colombia on labor and employment-related matters
- Designed, implemented and provided oversight for a labor relations strategy for large regional financial entities in six different countries, including Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua, acquired by leading global financial services institutions
- Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, J.D.
- Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, Private Contracting Diploma
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Dispute Resolution, 2016; Labor and Employment, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Bogota Chamber of Commerce A-List Arbitrator, 2015
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014