David A. Valk is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. Mr. Valk focuses his practice on private equity, general corporate and finance matters.
Mr. Valk has experience representing public and privately held entities, investment funds, sponsor companies and investors in connection with a variety of acquisitions, financings and general corporate matters. His corporate transactions experience primarily focuses on middle market mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and private equity transactions. He counsels clients in connection with financings, energy project financings and general corporate representation. Mr. Valk's client base ranges from private equity firms to technology/internet companies to large corporations and investment banks.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Valk was an attorney at an international law firm in its New York office. He also previously served as a legal intern in the Policy & Government Division of the Office of the Attorney General of Massachusetts.
Not yet admitted to District of Columbia Bar; admitted to New York Bar only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in District of Columbia.
- Represented a Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier of automotive interior products to the world's automakers on its $85 million acquisition of a division of a publicly traded company
- Represented a portfolio company, a leader in direct selling of botanically based beauty, personal care and nutrition products, as the target of a reverse triangular merger for $550 million
- Represented a portfolio company, a flatbed truckload transportation, third-party logistics provider, in its $400 million sale
- Represented an affiliate of a private equity fund in its $285 million acquisition of the majority interest in a leading provider of education solutions and services to special needs students throughout the U.S.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a national full-service third-party logistics and asset-light transportation services provider
- Represented a portfolio company, a recognized leader in the personal emergency response services and healthcare industries, in a stock sale of its subsidiary for $32 million
- Represented a portfolio company, a leading software and information technology (IT) services firm focused on enterprise content management and business process automation, in connection with a majority recapitalization for $22 million, in partnership with the management team and founders
- Represented private equity fund in connection with its $80 million acquisition of a hybrid home health-services and care-management company
- Represented a portfolio company in connection with a cashless merger to create one of the largest providers of fertility services in the U.S.
- Represented a private equity fund in its $50 million acquisition of a family-owned trucking and freight company that provides transport services to Fortune 100 companies with a focus on serving top-tier automotive suppliers
- Represented a portfolio company in connection with its $45 million add-on acquisition of a provider of comprehensive pharmacotherapy services to patients experiencing difficulties with opiate addiction
- Represented a platform company, a provider of educational and support products for public, private and parochial schools, in connection with its $33 million acquisition of all of the outstanding stock of an operator of schools and programs for children and adolescents with autism and other specialized learning needs
- Represented a privately held company in its stock sale via an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), as well as with related financing of term loans of $202 million and revolving loan of $25 million
- Represented a privately held company in connection with a $16 million sale
- Represented a privately held company in connection with the acquisition of electronic gaming websites
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- UCLA, B.A., Political Science and Sociology
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Public Interest Designation Fellow, Boston College Law School, 2017
- Pro Bono Scholar, Boston College Law School, 2017