Mark A. von Bergen
Mark A. von Bergen is a partner in Holland & Knight's Portland Office. He primarily practices in the areas of business and securities law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, investment management and venture capital transactions.
For more than 30 years, he has represented businesses ranging in size from small, start-up entities to public companies. He has served as lead counsel to both issuers and underwriters in numerous registered offerings, including initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings, mergers, secondary offerings by selling shareholders and employee stock plans, as well as many private equity and debt offerings. He also represents investment funds, investment advisers, broker-dealers and investment banks. Mr. von Bergen is involved in all aspects of the 1934 Act reporting requirements, represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions and tender offers, and advises public and private companies, boards of directors and audit committees on corporate governance issues. He is a lecturer and author in the areas of business and securities law and currently is on the editorial board of Advising Oregon Business, a publication of the Oregon State Bar. Mr. von Bergen served on the firm's Directors Committee until 2017 and was the executive partner of the Portland office until 2015.
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D.
- Princeton University, A.B.
- Oregon State Bar Securities Regulation Section, former Chair
- Oregon State Bar Business Law Section, former Executive Committee member
- Ninth Annual Northwest Securities Institute, co-chair
- Oregon Business and Corporate Law Digest, Editorial Committee, 1981-1987
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Portland Corporate Compliance Lawyer of the Year, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, 2009-2021; Corporate Compliance Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2016-2021; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2018-2021
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, 2010-2020
- Woodrow Wilson Scholar
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated