David White focuses his practice on insurance coverage law and commercial litigation. He represents insurance professionals and policyholder clients in coverage and bad faith litigation and counsels corporations, corporate directors, and individuals on strategies to strengthen risk management programs through insurance and contractual indemnification arrangements.
Mr. White's areas of practice include commercial general liability and property programs, directors' and officers' liability, cyberliability, pollution legal liability, employment practices, commercial automobile, fiduciary liability, aviation, professional liability, workers' compensation and employers' liability, and intellectual property coverage.
Mr. White is one of only five attorneys in Texas named to The Best Lawyers in America 2019 for Litigation - Insurance.
- Represented a food manufacturer for business interruption after one of the largest food recalls in U.S. history
- Represented a major oil and gas company in an additional insured coverage dispute after a refinery explosion
- Represented an international agri-business for D&O coverage in a securities action against its directors
- Represented a hospital in premises coverage under a liability policy for an on-site shooting
- Represented an international oil and gas company to recover a loss to a sub-sea pipeline after a gas leak
- Represented a software manufacturer after denial of defense and indemnity under a general liability policy
- Represented a chemical manufacturer for pollution liability coverage in three states
- Represented an energy company for employment practices liability coverage after a sexual harassment claim
- Represented insurance professionals and non-insurance clients concerning coverage and bad faith litigation and opinions
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Austin, M.A.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., magna cum laude
- All State Courts in Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- American Bar Association; Tort & Insurance Practice Section
- Dallas Bar Association; Insurance Law Section; Antitrust Section
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, DFW Chapter
- DRI-The Voice of the Defense Bar; Insurance Law Committee
- State Bar of Texas; Insurance Law Section; Managing Editor, Journal of Texas Insurance Law
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Insurance Law, Litigation-Insurance, 2012-2022
- Top Rated Litigators, The American Lawyer, 2021
- Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law, The American Lawyer, 2021