Douglas A. Wright (1960 - 2021)
It is with great sadness that Holland & Knight LLP announces the tragic passing of Douglas A. Wright, the firm's Operations and Finance Partner. Mr. Wright died Sunday evening, May 9, 2021, of a suspected cardiac event while swimming.
Mr. Wright's financial acumen, management skills, and tireless dedication to the firm were critically important to Holland & Knight's success over the past two decades. Even more important, he was widely admired for his kindness and generosity. He had an engaging personality, an extraordinary intellect, and a big heart. He was a much loved friend, partner, and mentor to many throughout the firm and the Tampa Bay community
Mr. Wright practiced at Holland & Knight his entire legal career, beginning in 1987. Mr. Wright's legal experience included corporate and tax planning as well as business and tax litigation. For the last twenty years, he worked closely with the firm's managing partner to manage Holland & Knight's legal practices. In addition to his practice management responsibilities, Mr. Wright was also responsible for overseeing the firm's operations, including Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, IT, Marketing, and Facilities functions. He also worked closely with the firm's Legal Department.
Mr. Wright was a loving son and brother, the father of three children and grandfather of one. His children and granddaughter were a tremendous source of pride to him. He will be greatly missed.
Arrangements are being handled by Blount & Curry Funeral Home-MacDill Avenue.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.A.
- University of Florida, LL.M., Taxation
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section, Former Chair of Corporate and Public Utilities Committees
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law, Former Chair of the Tax Litigation and Controversy Committee
- University of Florida College of Law, Board of Trustees Emeritus Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Tax Law, 2005-2021
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2020