Douglas A. Wright is the firm’s Operations and Finance Partner. In this role, Mr. Wright works with the firm's Managing Partner to manage Holland & Knight's legal practices. In addition to his practice management responsibilities, he oversees the firm's operations, including its Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, IT, Marketing, and Facilities functions. He also works closely with the firm's Legal Department.
Mr. Wright’s legal experience includes corporate and tax planning as well as business and tax litigation. His transactional practice has focused on mergers and acquisitions in a variety of industries. He also has extensive experience in the formation and structure of all types of business entities, including corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
His litigation experience includes administrative tax appeals and litigation involving federal income taxes, federal estate and gift taxes, and taxes imposed by Florida state and local governmental units. He has tried cases in the United States Tax Court and the federal and state trial courts in Florida. Mr. Wright has also litigated actions involving shareholder derivative disputes, buy-sell agreements, franchises, partnerships, and trusts.
Mr. Wright currently serves on the Council of Advisors for the Bob Graham Center for Public Service. His charitable service includes serving as a former Board member of UCP Tampa Bay, The Salvation Army, Rebuilding Together Tampa Bay, and The Spring of Tampa Bay.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.A.
- University of Florida, LL.M., Taxation
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section, Former Chair of Corporate and Public Utilities Committees
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law, Former Chair of the Tax Litigation and Controversy Committee
- University of Florida College of Law, Board of Trustees Emeritus Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Tax Law, 2005-2021
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2020