Barbara M. Yadley is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. She represents companies as well as banks and other financial institutions in all aspects of commercial lending transactions, including the areas of commercial asset-based lending, cash flow lending, and commercial real estate finance. Ms. Yadley has particular experience in matters involving the Uniform Commercial Code, mortgage law, title insurance, Florida loan transaction taxes, loan syndications and participations, intercreditor and subordination arrangements, synthetic leases and project finance, healthcare facilities, mortgage warehousing, letters of credit and banker's acceptances, complex interest rate structures, inventory and accounts financing, vehicle floor plans, workout agreements, usury, commercial lending forms review and borrower's opinions.
Ms. Yadley was an attorney in the Washington, D.C., office of the U.S. Comptroller of the Currency, the regulator of national banks, prior to joining Holland & Knight. Among other things, she was involved in forming the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council and drafted and interpreted numerous banking regulations.
Ms. Yadley is a co-chair of the firm's Opinions Committee, which oversees the preparation of third-party legal opinions and is responsible for approving them prior to issuance by the firm.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., Director of Consumer Protection Center, with honors
- Wellesley College, B.A., with honors
- Dartmouth College, Special Student
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Leadership Tampa
- Dartmouth Alumni Club, Treasurer
- Boy Scouts of America, Greater Tampa Bay Area Council, Board of Directors, Silver Beaver and OA Vigil Honor
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), former Member
- University of Tampa, former Member Board of Fellows
- American Red Cross, Tampa Bay Chapter, former Board of Directors
- Florida Bar, Steering Committee for Redrafting the Legal Opinion Standards Report
- Florida Bar, Financial Institutions Committee, former Chairman
- Florida Bar Journal, former Editor of Business Law Column
- American Bar Association, Commercial Financial Services, UCC, and Opinions Committees
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate Law, 2013-2021
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Banking & Finance: Transactional, 2012-2020
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tampa Banking and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated