Eric Yoon is a trial and appellate lawyer in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. Mr. Yoon focuses his practice on a wide range of complex litigation and international arbitration matters, with an emphasis on cross-border commercial matters, particularly anti-competitive, regulatory and policy issues.
Mr. Yoon represents companies, individuals, financial institutions and nonprofit organizations in various industries, including real estate, aviation, financial services, pharmaceutical, technology, manufacturing and transportation. He concentrates on matters involving breach of contract, business torts, shareholder rights, defamation, trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, and defense and indemnity rights. Mr. Yoon has also defended clients in class and mass tort actions facing consumer fraud, false advertising and product liability claims.
Mr. Yoon also represents Fortune 100 and 500 financial services companies along with midsize and boutique finance companies across the country in the mortgage servicing, financial technology (FinTech), banking and nonbank lending spaces. Having defended his financial services clients in the courtroom, Mr. Yoon also puts the lessons learned from these lawsuits to good use by counseling his clients as they navigate a difficult regulatory and compliance landscape. Mr. Yoon also has worked with financial services companies as both outside and in-house counsel.
Mr. Yoon has substantial experience in foreign county judgment recognition and enforcement, including the use of various U.S. procedures for asset discovery, restraint and execution.
In addition, as a native Korean speaker, Mr. Yoon regularly represents Korean companies doing business in the United States.
- Representing a real estate brokerage firm and its affiliates against a competing real estate firm in litigation concerning tort and competition-based claims in New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division
- Represented a dental supply company in private and public antirust actions – individual, class action and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Part III Administrative Hearing – and governmental investigations
- Representing a leading Korean cosmetics company in breach-of-contract arbitration before the American Arbitration Association; Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) litigation; and the New Jersey Office of Attorney General, Division on Civil Rights’ investigation of the client in relation to former employees’ allegations of racial and national original discrimination litigation
- Represented a Korean specialty duct product manufacturer against the third-party certification company for its wrongful cancellation of the product certification
- Represented a submarine fiber optic and power cable company against a global private equity firm in connection with the breach of contract claim over the private equity firm's investment in the offshore wind power plant in Wando Island
- Represented a trust company in a proposed class action on the basis of breach of fiduciary claims under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and a civil conspiracy under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)
- Represented a major insurance company in a proposed class action involving the insurer's reserves and surplus
- Successfully defended several financial institutions against putative shareholder class action lawsuits challenging proposed mergers of those financial institutions
- Representing employers, including national banks and a leading global coatings company, in restrictive covenant disputes, trade secret litigation, computer fraud and abuse matters, and unfair competition claims
- Represented employers and high-level executives in employment litigation matters involving allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination and breach of employment contract
- Represented several national banks on various lender liability, Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) matters
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Colgate University, B.A., Philosophy; Political Science and Government, cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania, Northeast Regional Committee
- Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020