Jared L. Young is a Houston litigation attorney who focuses his practice on commercial litigation in both state and federal court. Mr. Young additionally focuses on arbitration disputes and has experience in American Arbitration Association (AAA), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and international arbitrations.
Mr. Young represents clients in a broad range of industries, including energy, construction, maritime, financial services and healthcare. His experience involves all aspects of litigation, including trying cases and representing clients on appeal.
In addition to commercial litigation, Mr. Young has been recognized by Holland & Knight for his community contribution by advocating and providing pro bono services for victims of abuse and/or neglect, including an international kidnapping case governed under the Hague Convention.
- Represented a subcontractor in an American Arbitration Association (AAA) arbitration due to a breach of contract
- Represented a general contractor in an AAA arbitration due to breach of contract
- Represented a commercial developer against a subcontractor due to defective construction
- Represented a subcontractor in state court litigation against a general contractor for breach of contract
- Representing a purchaser of a gas utility company in a post-acquisition dispute
- Representing landowners in a deed dispute litigation
- Representing an electric cooperative in a tort dispute involving appropriate distribution and termination of electric services
- Represented landowners in an eminent domain proceeding
- Representation of an oil and gas operator with regard to catastrophic failure of equipment during a hydraulic fracturing operation
- Represented a midstream oil and gas company in a gas gathering contract dispute
- Represented a biofuel company in a joint venture financing dispute in state and international arbitration
- Represented the owners of a vessel in a successful seizure and sale of cargo being transported in violation of U.S. sanctions
- Represented the charterer in a damage to cargo dispute
- Representing carriers in a maritime dispute concerning alleged damages to the cargo
- Representing a national banking association in a commercial equipment leasing dispute
- Represented a doctor and hospital owner in a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.S.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Young Energy Professionals, Institute for Energy Law (IEL)
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 4th Leadership Class, Institute for Energy Law (IEL), 2021-2022
- Order of the Barons, University of Houston Law Center
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All Star, 2017-2020