Holland & Knight is a global law firm with more than 1,200 lawyers and other professionals in 27 offices throughout the world. Our lawyers provide representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. Interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams provide clients with access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.
Holland & Knight Office Locations
Anchorage | Atlanta | Austin | Bogotá | Boston | Charlotte | Chicago
Dallas | Denver | Fort Lauderdale | Houston | Jacksonville | Lakeland
London | Los Angeles | Mexico City | Miami | New York | Northern Virginia
Orlando | Portland | San Francisco | Stamford | Tallahassee | Tampa
Washington, D.C. | West Palm Beach
Holland & Knight has more than 400 lawyers in its Litigation Section. The firm is engaged in a broad range of civil and white collar litigation in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
- 49 litigation lawyers were listed in the 2016 Chambers USA guide, including high rankings in Antitrust, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Construction, General Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Product Liability & Mass Torts, Aviation Litigation, Shipping/Maritime Litigation, and White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (May 2016).
- The 2016 Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide named Holland & Knight among the world's leading law firms in the area of Shipping Litigation, including an individual ranking for William Honan (March 2016).
- In the 2016 BTI Litigation Outlook report, Holland & Knight is ranked among the top 10 percent of all law firms in the United States based on feedback from legal decision-makers at the world's largest companies. The firm was identified among those leading the litigation market in the areas of class actions and torts, IP litigation, complex commercial litigation and product liability litigation (December 2015).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 133 Litigation lawyers for inclusion in its 2016 guide. Holland & Knight was recognized as a top-listed firm in the U.S. in Commercial Litigation and Bet-the-Company Litigation (August 2015).
- The firm was recommended in the area of Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense – Aerospace/Aviation in the Legal 500 United States 2015 guide. The guide also selected the firm in the area of Construction and highlighted Litigation Partner Stephen Shapiro as a "Leading Lawyer" for the practice area (July 2015).
- Frederick Braid, Kelly-Ann Cartwright, William deMeza, Jr. and Michael Starr were recognized for their work in Labor and Employment by Legal Media Group, publisher of the Euromoney Expert Guides series (October 2014).
- Holland & Knight was named one of the top trademark law firms in the World Trademark Review 1000 – The World's Leading Trademark Professionals (January 2013).
The Business Section has more than 300 lawyers in three major areas – Corporate Transactions, Financial Services and Private Wealth Services – and advises local, national and international clients on a broad range of matters and business transactions.
- 59 business lawyers were listed in the 2016 Chambers USA guide, including high rankings in Corporate/M&A, Banking & Finance, Healthcare, Insurance, Latin American Investment, Outsourcing, Tax and Wealth Management (May 2016).
- The 2016 Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide named Holland & Knight among the world's leading firms in Colombia: Corporate/M&A; Global-wide: Aviation Finance, Shipping Finance and International Private Client; Latin America-wide: Banking & Finance and Corporate/M&A; and Mexico: Banking & Finance. Eighteen lawyers also were chosen for individual rankings, including in Colombia Corporate M&A, Energy & Natural Resources and Intellectual Property; Global-wide Aviation and Shipping; Japan Intellectual Property; Latin America-wide Banking & Finance, Capital Markets and Corporate/M&A, Liberia Shipping; Mexico Banking & Finance and Capital Markets; Taiwan Intellectual Property; and USA Intellectual Property and Outsourcing (March 2016).
- Holland & Knight was named Advisen Executive Risk Awards Best Counsel of the Year – Policyholder Counsel for 2015. The award honors policy counsel that has offered expert advice, intermediation and innovation throughout the lifecycle of a management liability claim or coverage negotiation (December 2015).
- The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 2016 guide selected several practice groups in the firm for national first-tier rankings, including Banking and Finance, Corporate, Equipment Finance, Health Care, Insurance, M&A, International Trade & Finance, Securities/Capital Markets, Securitization/Structured Finance, Tax, and Trust & Estates (November 2015).
- The 2016 Chambers Latin America guide ranked 9 Business attorneys among Latin America's best advisors (September 2015).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 78 Holland & Knight Business lawyers for inclusion in the 2016 guide. Holland & Knight was recognized as a top-listed firm in the U.S. in Finance Law, M&A Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation, Securitization and Structured Finance Law, and Trusts and Estates (August 2015).
- Legal 500 United States recommended Holland & Knight's Asset Finance & Leasing practice as well as the Mergers & Acquisitions group in its 2015 edition. Structured Finance Partners Fred Bass and John Pritchard were also highlighted as "Leading Lawyers" in the guide (July 2015).
- Directors & Boards magazine has ranked Holland & Knight as one of the nation's top 10 law firms for dealing with director liability issues for eight consecutive years. Corporate directors also ranked the firm as one of the top five for general corporate governance issues and board-level M&A issues (2007-2014).
- The 2015 Chambers Latin America guide ranked 9 Business attorneys among Latin America's best advisors (September 2014).
With more than 280 lawyers and professionals, Holland & Knight's Real Estate Section is one of the largest of any U.S. law firm. Our broad geographic footprint allows us to serve developers, owners, tenants, lenders and managers of all real estate asset classes including office, retail, industrial, multifamily and hotels.
- 30 real estate attorneys from eight different markets were listed in the 2016 Chambers USA guide. The firm received No. 1 rankings in Real Estate (Washington, D.C.) and Zoning/Land Use (California, Florida and Illinois) (May 2016).
- The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 2016 guide selected the Land Use & Zoning Law and Real Estate Law practice groups for national first-tier rankings, and awarded metropolitan first-tier rankings in the following markets: Boston, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, New York City, Orlando, San Francisco, Tampa and Washington, D.C. (November 2015).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 61 Holland & Knight Real Estate lawyers for inclusion in the 2016 guide. Holland & Knight was recognized as a top-listed firm in the U.S. in Land Use and Zoning Law (August 2015).
- The Land Use and Zoning Team secured a first-tier ranking by Legal 500 United States in its 2015 edition, which also recommended the firm in the area of Real Estate and Construction. Land Use and Environment Partner Joseph Goldstein was also highlighted as a "Leading Lawyer" in the guide (July 2015).
- Holland & Knight was honored by LatinFinance magazine for its role in Fibra UNO's US$2.5 billion follow-on public offering, named the 2014 Follow-on Equity Deal of the Year, recognized as "the largest-ever Latin American real estate equity sale" and "one of the largest REITs in the Americas" (January 2015).
- Holland & Knight's Real Estate Section was ranked by Law360 as one of the top 10 largest practice groups in the U.S. on the Real Estate Law360 100 list (November 2014).
- Holland & Knight has been ranked in the top 20 real estate law firms nationwide by Multi Housing News magazine for three years in a row (August 2014).
Holland & Knight's Government Section has more than 100 attorneys and professionals engaged in federal, state, local and tribal government affairs, regulatory counseling and related disciplines.
- 16 government lawyers were listed in the 2016 Chambers USA guide (May 2016).
- The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 2016 guide selected Holland & Knight for metropolitan first-tier rankings in Government Relations in the following markets: Chicago, Orlando, Tallahassee, Tampa and Washington, D.C. (November 2015).
- Holland & Knight was recognized by National Journal for "innovation in decision-making" and received the 2015 National Journal Membership Innovation Award, which recognizes Washington, D.C.'s top creative individuals and organizations for their work in advancing the craft of government affairs (October 2015).
- Holland & Knight was named a Top Law Firm in Florida by Southern Political Report in its 2015 "The South's Top Government Affairs Firms and Lobbyists" edition (October 2015).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 30 Holland & Knight Government lawyers for inclusion in the 2016 guide (August 2015).
- The firm was recognized as "Law Firm of the Year" for Government/Government Relations in the Legal 500 United States 2015 guide (June 2015).
- Holland & Knight was named in The Hill's list of "Top 10 Lobbying Victories of the Year" for 2014 for the firm's sunscreen regulation work with the PASS Coalition (December 2014).
Diversity, Public Service and Charitable Giving
Holland & Knight has a long history of commitment to diversity and supporting our communities through pro bono legal work, community service and charitable giving.
- Holland & Knight received a "perfect score" on the annual Corporate Equality Index 2016 by Human Rights Campaign (November 2015).
- Holland & Knight earned Gold Standard Certification from The Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for the fifth year in a row for its achievement in providing women attorneys with opportunities for financial success and positions at the highest level of firm leadership (June 2015).
- The firm ranked third in The American Lawyer magazine's 2014 Diversity Scorecard for the number of Hispanic attorneys (May 2014).
- Chambers USA Women in the Law presented Holland & Knight with the 2014 "Most Innovative Gender Diversity Award" for the firm's Rising Star program that includes yearlong leadership, mentoring, marketing and management activities for women attorneys to help them elevate their profiles in the profession and community (April 2014).
- Working Mother magazine and Flex-Time Lawyers named Holland & Knight one of 50 "2012 Best Law Firms for Women" in recognition of the firm's commitment to the retention and advancement of women (November 2012).
Download Holland & Knight's Fast Facts