Sustainable Property Transactions
"Commercial Redevelopment in an Era of Green Building Performance and Sustainable Development"
National Environment Team Co-Chair Amy Edwards will speak at the RTM Communications Sustainable Property Transactions: Retooling the Business of Contaminated Site Redevelopments Conference on a panel titled, "Commercial Redevelopment in an Era of Green Building Performance and Sustainable Development."
Managing distressed corporate assets, loans and other non-performing property involving environmental contamination as well as navigating the acquisition and sustainable development of these type properties is not for the faint of heart. This seminar will provide legal, financial, technical, risk management and sustainable development tools that will empower practitioners to identify opportunities and move forward on sustainable site redevelopments.
Ms. Edwards will address topics including:
- Building energy performance and green building and green building due diligence
- Paradigm shift – institutional/engineering controls on commercial real estate through project specific district fees or tax assessments
- Climate change risk and the metrics and tools of environmental due diligence
- Overlapping and intersecting issues involving environment, land use and "green building"/sustainable development
- State and local green building laws/codes, mandatory disclosure and energy conservation
- Regulatory tax incentives to support green retrofits