Understanding Virginia's New Employee-Friendly Laws: Implications for Litigation and Obligations for Compliance
Holland & Knight Webinar
Litigation Attorneys Brandon Elledge, Kara Ariail and Kevin D'Olivo will host a presentation titled "Understanding Virginia's New Employee-Friendly Laws: Implications for Litigation and Obligations for Compliance." Their webinar will discuss Virginia's new whistleblower protection law, expansion of the Virginia Human Rights Act and other new employee-friendly laws in the Commonwealth taking effect July 1, 2020.
- Updates on major changes to Virginia employment law, including:
- the Commonwealth's new whistleblower retaliation statute
- expansions to the scope of the Virginia Human Rights Act
- new restrictions on non-compete agreements for low-wage workers
- changes to Virginia wage payment and worker classification laws
- Understanding the implications of these changes in the law for employment litigation in Virginia and the risks they create for businesses
- Obtaining clear, practical guidance on the steps that Virginia employers should consider to ensure compliance with the new laws and minimize related risks
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
Holland & Knight is an approved CLE provider in several jurisdictions, including California, Georgia, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas. All reasonable efforts to seek CLE credits for this program will be made. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of either content or jurisdictional restrictions. For New York attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE for transitional (newly admitted) and experienced attorneys.