Holland & Knight's Public Policy and Regulation Group Starts New Year With Significant Number of Additions, Revenue Growth
WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 3, 2011 – Between mid-December 2010 and the end of January 2011, Holland & Knight's Public Policy and Regulation Group will have added seven additions to its practice, with an estimated revenue growth of more than 10%, practice group leader, Rich Gold says.
Between mid-December 2010 and the end of January 2011, the following new attorneys and governmental professionals will have joined the firm, all in its Washington office with the exception of one:
- Lauri Hettinger - Senior Policy Advisor - focuses on local governmental municipalities' and industry's infrastructure needs, including surface transportation, water resources, economic development and Army Corps of Engineers. Most recently, Hettinger served as Minority Staff Director on the Senate Environment and Public Works Subcommittee for Transportation and Infrastructure.
- Michael McAdams - Senior Policy Advisor - focuses on advanced biofuels and bioenergy, tax policy, climate change and air policy. McAdams has over 28 years of experience in government and public affairs in both the public and private sectors.
- Steve Humes (joins in NYC) - Partner - focuses on energy, environmental, public utility, and telecommunications regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters. Humes has represented clients before the CT Department of Environmental Protection, NY Department of Environmental Conservation, NJ Department of Environmental Protection, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Kurt Blase - Partner - focuses on regulatory, litigation, and legislative Clean Air Act and related energy issues. Blase has represented clients before Congress, administrative agencies and the courts in many major matters.
- Xianping "Ping" Wang - Of Counsel - focuses on the civil aviation industry in China, including hub development, Sino-global aviation partnerships, alliances, aviation infrastructure and air service development and bilateral matters. Wang has played an instrumental role in helping reshape the Chinese aviation industry, including introducing international management concepts and business practices.
- Neil Albert - Senior Policy Advisor - focuses on administrative, regulatory, and legislative issues for the firm's D.C. practice and matters affecting local governments and city Mayors. Most recently Albert served the city of Washington, D.C. as the City Administrator. He also served as the former Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development and Former Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services.
- Kerry Feehery - Senior Policy Advisor - will be the top Senate Republican professional, co-leading the Republican effort with Kathryn Lehman who is the firm's top House Republican. Feehery most recently served as Chief of Staff to Senator George LeMieux and also worked for former Senators Mel Martinez, Don Nickles and Connie Mack.
"We are pleased to have such a diverse group of talent joining the firm, that collectively strengthens many areas, especially our capabilities in the energy, aviation and privacy arenas," Gold said. "We expect 2011 lobbying revenue to grow tremendously, further solidifying our presence as one of the best governmental relations shops in the city."