Holland & Knight Honored with Two “Women in Business Law” Awards; Named Best Firm for Diversity
NEW YORK (June 8, 2018) – Holland & Knight was named the "Best Firm for Diversity" in North America at the seventh annual Americas Women in Business Law Awards ceremony in New York on June 7. The firm also was recognized as "Best in the U.S. West" for its support of women attorneys. Five of the firm's 28 offices worldwide are in the western United States: Anchorage, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Portland.
The Americas Women in Business Law Awards is presented by Euromoney Legal Media Group. Each year it recognizes the best women lawyers in individual practice areas, as well as firms that excel in their efforts to retain and promote women. As part of their research, Euromoney's staff speaks with lawyers and other professionals from across the Americas in both face-to-face and phone interviews, gathering information about candidates and incorporating other research from surveys and legal directories. Individual winners are judged on their professional accomplishments during the last 12 months as well as their influence within their areas of practice.
Holland & Knight also was shortlisted for Women in Business Law awards in the following areas:
- Best Gender Diversity Initiative by a National Firm (North America)
- Best National Mentoring Program (North America)
- Best National Firm for Work-Life Balance (North America)
- Best National Firm for Talent Management (North America)
- Best National Firm for Women in Business Law (North America)
- Best Firm in the U.S. Midwest
- Best Firm in the U.S. Northeast
- Best Firm in the U.S. South
Additionally, two of the firm's partners were shortlisted:
- Anita Mosner – Best in Aviation
- Carrie Friesen-Meyers – Rising Star: Finance
"To receive these awards is such an honor and reflects our firm's strong commitment to diversity and the success of our women attorneys," said Judith Nemsick, chair of Holland & Knight's Women's Initiative.