Christopher A. Bailey is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, where he focuses his practice on bankruptcy and restructuring law. He represents both debtors and creditors in complex corporate reorganizations and bankruptcy litigation throughout the United States.
Mr. Bailey's experience includes representing financially distressed entities across various industries, including healthcare, real estate, aviation and energy. In the energy industry, he advises upstream and midstream oil and gas companies and counterparties, energy lenders and private equity groups that specialize in distressed energy acquisitions. In the healthcare industry, Mr. Bailey advises distressed healthcare providers on restructuring opportunities.
- Represented a large upstream mineral producer in its Chapter 11 case
- Represented numerous senior living facilities in Chapter 11 cases
- Represented a large financial institution as senior secured lender in connection with a prepackaged Chapter 11 case
- Represented numerous estate fiduciaries during the wind-down of certain bankruptcy estates
- Represented secured creditors in connection with the Chapter 11 cases of numerous large upstream mineral producers
- Represented a hospital system's chief executive officer with respect to prefiling bankruptcy issues
- Represented various aircraft lessors in the Chapter 11 cases of numerous international airlines
- Represented various commercial property owners in tenant bankruptcies
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of North Texas, B.B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers