Anne Redcross Beehler is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Newport Beach office. Ms. Beehler represents corporate and individual clients in a wide range of matters across California and New York.
Much of Ms. Beehler's litigation practice focuses on the real estate industry. She has represented lenders, landlords, tenants, developers, investors, real estate investment trusts (REITs), receivers and individuals in a range of disputes concerning real property. Ms. Beehler handles her cases from start to finish and has substantial experience trying cases in federal and state courts.
Ms. Beehler's civil experience includes matters of all types, including partnership disputes, corporate governance disputes, complex contract and fraud matters, theft of trade secret cases, claims under the state and federal securities laws, and qui tam and whistleblower actions.
In her criminal law practice, Ms. Beehler handles state and federal matters from the investigation stage through trial. Prior to relocating to California, Ms. Beehler tried a high-profile white collar trial involving allegations of grand larceny, scheme to defraud and falsification of business records in New York state court, which ended in a favorable result for the client. Ms. Beehler also assists businesses across the country with compliance matters involving state and federal criminal laws.
Clients describe Ms. Beehler as practical, thoughtful, dogged and always prepared. She particularly enjoys acting as a counselor to clients and finding ways to minimize litigation.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Beehler was an attorney at an international law firm in its Irvine office. After law school, she clerked at the New York State Court of Appeals. While in law school, Ms. Beehler was a legal intern at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. In addition, she served as the submissions editor for the New York University Environmental Law Journal.
- Obtained summary judgment for a lender client regarding interpretation of the governing loan documents
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a tenant client regarding interpretation of a lease option
- Obtained a favorable judgment following a week-long trial involving a partition claim to real property
- Won numerous dismissals of claims in a lease dispute involving claims brought by a subtenant
- Resolved landlord/tenant litigation brought by and against restaurant chains and retailers throughout California
- Represented financial services clients, special servicers and real estate clients in state and federal court in New York, including in Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitrations, tax shelter litigations, real estate disputes and employment discrimination matters
- Obtained a restraining order in a theft of trade secret matter on behalf of a software developer client
- Participate in nationwide product liability trials involving the manufacture of chemical products
- Defended a criminal case against a law firm executive in New York that resulted in acquittal of 21 counts in the indictment and a dismissal of the major charges by the court
- Obtained favorable outcomes in copyright and trademark infringement matters on behalf of a publishing company
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a workforce solutions company with respect to claims brought under the California Government Code
- Won multiple dismissals of claims filed against a commercial lender and noteholder related to claims that the lender improperly declared a nonmonetary default under the loan documents
- Conducted numerous nonjudicial asset sales pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), resulting in recovery of all assets of the distressed borrowers on behalf of lender clients
- Settled a multimillion-dollar action brought against a manufacturing client by a purchaser of its goods, without payment of any amount to the plaintiff
- Convinced state authorities not to commence an enforcement action against a manufacturing client related to alleged violations of California Business and Professions Code
- Represented a manufacturer in an asset recovery action against a warehouse, resulting in the recovery of more than $25 million worth of product
- Won summary judgment in favor of a trucking company in a multimillion-dollar personal injury action brought by a customer
- Drafted and presented on numerous litigation-related compliance issues to reduce risks and costs associated with litigation, including with respect to e-discovery and document preservation risks
- Managed dozens of attorneys for e-discovery projects and reduced costs of production by hundreds of thousands of dollars in multiple cases involving millions of pages of potentially relevant discovery
- Advised on complex attorney-client privilege issues and avoided production of privileged documents based on waiver arguments
- Participated in a trial against a financial services client related to a billion-dollar bond offering that ultimately resulted in dismissals of claims against the client following trial and appeal
- New York University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Siena College, B.A., summa cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Orange County Bar Association, Mommy Esquire Committee, 2020-Present; Chair, 2022-Present
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association