Julia Bennett is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Ms. Bennett focuses her practice on a variety of litigation and dispute resolution matters. She has experience assisting on real estate development matters, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and consumer protection issues.
While in law school, Ms. Bennett participated in the East Bay Community Law Center, where she helped clients obtain public benefits, housing and medical care, as well as wrote administrative appeals. She also served as editor-in-chief of the Berkeley Journal of International Law, co-director of the International Refugee Assistance Project, and interned for the Honorable Patty Shwartz of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. In addition, she competed as a member of the Berkeley Law's Moot Court Team and currently volunteers as an alumni coach.
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D.
- University of St. Andrews, M.A., International Relations and Modern History
- District of Columbia
- Order of the Barristers, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2023
- Pro Bono Honors, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2023
- Individual Achievement in Oral Advocacy, Best Brief, Roger J. Traynor California Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition, 2022