Willie J. Biddings is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Boston office and is a member of the firm's Tax Credit Transactions Practice. His practice focuses primarily on 1) equity financing for affordable housing projects eligible for federal low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC), state tax credits, and federal and state historic rehabilitation tax credits and 2) the structuring and closing of multi-investor and proprietary funds. In addition to fund formation, Mr. Biddings has experience representing syndicators in a variety of fund-level matters, including the acquisition of bridge credit facilities and partnership interest transfers. Mr. Biddings also has experience representing institutional lenders, including major national banks, in connection with affordable housing construction lending.
During law school, Mr. Biddings worked with the Connecticut Urban Legal Initiative where he did extensive state tax law research, drafted incorporation documents and amended bylaws for local housing authorities. Mr. Biddings also spent time as an intern with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Biddings spent six years working for a major national bank in multiple capacities, each of which focused on unsecured loans, secured loans on personal property and real estate finance.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D.
- University of Southern California, B.S.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors, UConn Law Alumni Association
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Historic Preservation Law and Public Policy
- Connecticut Journal of International Law, Editor-in-Chief
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Pro Bono Honoree