Garrison M. Cohen is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando office. Mr. Cohen represents clients in federal, state and bankruptcy courts, in arbitration proceedings, appeals and administrative hearings. Mr. Cohen advises and represents clients in all stages of litigation from case initiation through appeals, and covers a variety of legal issues in a diversity of jurisdictions.
Mr. Cohen's experience includes advising on and litigating matters involving business-to-business disputes, including business torts, breach of contract claims, shareholder disputes, commercial real estate litigation, and non-competition and restrictive covenant litigation. Mr. Cohen also has experience in complex commercial litigation matters involving the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), Florida Administrative Code, labor and employment matters, bankruptcy cases and construction claims. Mr. Cohen works with clients in a variety of industries, including real estate, healthcare, transportation, construction, aviation and financial services.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Cohen was an attorney at a regional firm in Tampa, Florida. While there, Mr. Cohen's clients received favorable summary judgments, arbitration decisions and appellate decisions in several cases, including cases involving shareholder disputes, real estate litigation and bankruptcy cases.
While in law school, Mr. Cohen was a member and officer of the Florida Moot Court Team and was recognized for his brief writing and oral arguments.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Central Florida, B.S., Legal Studies, Minor in Business Administration
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Book Award, Trial Practice, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2017
- Book Award, Mediation, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2017
- Best Brief, Mercer University School of Law Legal Ethics and Professionalism (LEAP) Moot Court Competition, 2015
- Finalist, Mercer University School of Law LEAP Moot Court Competition, 2015