Gregg Davis is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight’s Dallas office, where he counsels clients in the areas of real estate, capital markets, finance, business transactions and environmental transactions.
His experience includes acquisitions, sales, lending, leasing, and capital markets — commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) — receiverships, workouts and property sales.
Mr. Davis handles a broad range of commercial real estate issues, including conservation easements, wetlands, transfer fees, platting, zoning and entitlements, economic development, partnerships, tenants in common, and sports, entertainment and arts facilities, including contracts with governmental entities, disabled access, title insurance coverage and other issues.
His experience also includes investigation and remediation of hydrocarbons and hazardous substances, including asbestos, as well as environmental liability identification, allocation and resolution.
- Assists with assembling land for multi-use, multi-phase development, including tax increment financing and other governmental economic incentives, establishing community-wide infrastructure and improvements, resolving flood plain and wetlands issues, and establishing restrictions and selling land to developers to continue standards across numerous projects and uses
- Assists with public and quasi-public facility acquisition, construction and leasing, including baseball stadiums, arts venues (symphony center, music hall), and educational facilities
- Represents developers in acquisition, financing, development and disposition of mixed use, office, industrial and other real estate of virtually all types
- Assists with conservation easements and wetlands mitigation banking
- Assists with tenant in common ownership and management and related disputes
- Assists with contaminated property transactions and matters such as:
- physical and contracted transfer and allocation of property interests and liabilities related to paper manufacturing, chemical manufacturing and other industrial facilities
- environmental due diligence plans, drafting and implementation
- environmental liability avoidance
- Designs and implements environmental due diligence programs for acquisition of and equity and debt investments in commercial, industrial, oil and gas and mining properties
- Assists with asbestos-related matters, including client counseling related to asbestos operations and maintenance programs
- Assists with construction contracts and architect's agreements, drafting and dispute resolution
- Represents landlords and tenants in leasing office, industrial and other real estate of virtually all types
- Assists with financing many types of real estate, such as mixed-use, office, hotel, retail, industrial and raw land in transactions including origination, modification, workout, foreclosure, and disposition
- Assists in representing holder of access and parking easement in litigation to enforce rights against interference from underlying fee owner
- Assists in representing condemnor in eminent domain litigation
- Assists in representing surety bond obligors in litigation involving construction contract defaults and terminations
- Assists with various real estate litigation matters including analysis and resolution involving parties such as lenders, receivers, developers, buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, title insurance companies, and brokers
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A., summa cum laude
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2012-2024
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate, 2018-2021