Jolisa Dobbs is an experienced oil and gas attorney who concentrates on oil and gas acquisition and disposition transactions throughout all oil and gas plays – including the Eagle Ford, Barnett, Haynesville, and Marcellus. Ms. Dobbs' background as an internal auditor for a major oil and gas company and as a Certified Public Accountant gives her an edge in assessing, understanding, and allocating various risks associated with transactions and oil and gas properties.
In addition, she counsels clients in the areas of oil and gas secured lending, joint venture and development arrangements, and the acquisition and disposition of natural resources companies. Ms. Dobbs also has experience in oil and gas title due diligence in acquisitions of properties, and she regularly advises clients regarding exploration and production activities, including preparation of agreements and COPAS issues, and regarding leasing issues.
Ms. Dobbs is a frequent lecturer at conferences and seminars, and publisher of articles in prestigious industry journals, on oil and gas related topics. She is also a deep contributor to numerous leading oil and gas legal and accounting organizations through the various board and trustee positions to which she was selected.
- Representation of Meritage Midstream Services in its $215 million sale of company assets in its Eagle Ford Escondido Gathering System, a gas-gathering system partially owned by Houston-based Laredo Energy, and the wet gas stream Cuervo Creek Gathering System to Howard Energy Partners
- Representation of a Texas-based company engaged in the acquisition and development of gas reserves in the $194 million sale of oil and gas leasehold acreage in the Utica Shale to a Texas-based independent energy company
- Representation of a Texas-based exploration and production company in the $111 million purchase of a net profits interest from a U.S. subsidiary of an Australian-based investment bank
- Representation of a Midland-based company in the $75 million sale of various E&P properties located in Texas to an independent oil and gas company focused on the Permian Basin
- Representation of a New York-based private equity fund in its commitment of $40 million to develop oil and gas properties acquired and to be acquired by an exploration and production company that focuses on South Texas plays
- Representation of one of the largest privately held exploration and production companies in the United States in the $39 million sale of oil and gas leasehold acreage and assets in Wyoming to an Oklahoma-based exploration and production company
- Representation of a Limited Liability Partnership in the $35 million joint development of West Texas oil and gas assets
- Representation of a Limited Liability Partnership in the $18 million joint development of South Texas oil and gas leases
- Representation of a Limited Liability Partnership in the $6.1 million sale of Texas oil and gas leases to a Dallas-based energy capital fund
- Representation of the energy financial services business unit of one of the world’s largest companies in the $8.4 million sale of North Dakota oil and gas assets to a Fort Worth-based exploration and production company
- Representation of a Texas-based exploration and production company in the $5.7 million purchase of Bakken assets from a group of owners
- Representation of an exploration and production company that focuses on South Texas plays in its $5.3 million purchase of South Texas oil and gas leases from a Louisiana-based exploration and production company as well as with regard to drafting of related joint development documents
- Representation of a Houston-based exploration and production company in the $1.2 million sale of Dimmit County leases to an Austin-based exploration and production company
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Oklahoma, M.A.
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., summa cum laude
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation; Treasurer, 2015-present; Trustee, 2006-2010; Executive Committee, 2008-2010
- American Bar Association Section of Environmental, Energy & Resources, Oil and Gas Section; Chairman, 2009-2011; The Phoenix Award, 2010
- Dallas Bar Association, Energy Section; Chairman, 2007
- State Bar of Texas, Oil and Gas and Energy Resources Law Section; Council Member, 2005-2008; Editor of Quarterly Section Report, 2007-2008
- Law360, Energy Editorial Advisory Board, 2016
- University of Oklahoma School of Accounting Board of Advisors
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Energy Law, Oil and Gas Law, 2016-2022
- Top Women in Energy Law, Texas Lawyer, 2016
- Best Lawyers in Dallas (Energy & Natural Resources), D Magazine, 2017-2021
- Recommended Attorney, The Legal 500 US by Legalease (Industry Focus: Energy: Transactions), 2015
- Who's Who in Energy, Dallas Business Journal, 2015
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters (Energy & Natural Resources), 2013-2014, 2019-2020
- Who's Who Legal: Energy by Law Business Research Limited, 2014-2019