Alexa Duarte is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office. Her practice focuses on the areas of real estate acquisitions, sales, commercial leasing, financing and development of real estate assets.
Ms. Duarte represents landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating leases for office, retail, industrial and warehouse spaces, as well as ground leases for development projects. She also represents buyers, developers and sellers in all aspects of the acquisition and sale of commercial properties and luxury residential properties. This includes preparing and negotiating purchase and sale contracts and related transfer documentation, and reviewing and advising on title, survey and zoning matters.
Ms. Duarte's experience extends to representing borrowers and institutional lenders in financing transactions involving a variety of real estate assets, including shopping centers, hotels and office buildings.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Duarte represented one of the largest wholesale distributors of residential and commercial plumbing supplies in the U.S. in connection with the leasing and acquisition of industrial and retail space nationwide. Ms. Duarte also represented a Fortune 100 health insurance provider in the leasing of medical office space across Florida. Ms. Duarte routinely represented national clients in the transfer of real estate assets nationwide in connection with mergers and acquisitions (M&A), including asset and stock purchases and sales.
While in law school, Ms. Duarte graduated second in her class, and she served as articles editor for the FIU Law Review.
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida International University, B.A., Business Administration
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA), 2022
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Real Estate Transactions, Florida International University College of Law, 2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Federal Income Tax, Florida International University College of Law, 2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Mediation, Florida International University College of Law, 2018
- Dean's List, Florida International University College of Law, 2015-2018
- Dean's Merit Scholarship, Florida International University College of Law, 2015-2018