Abigail Gore is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Portland office. Ms. Gore represents individuals and businesses in contract disputes, securities claims, class action lawsuits, appeals and other complex commercial litigation. Ms. Gore excels at unraveling complex legal and factual issues, offers skilled written advocacy on behalf of clients in trial and appellate courts, and provides a practical, client-centered approach to business disputes.
Ms. Gore's recent experience includes:
- obtaining summary judgment on behalf of venture capital clients on claims for violation of the Oregon Securities Law and fraudulent transfer in Oregon federal court
- representing a financial institution in multiforum litigation arising from an alleged Ponzi scheme, including cases involving claims for violation of the Oregon Securities Law, breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and negligence
- obtaining summary judgment on behalf of Oregon State Bar on claims challenging the constitutionality of the state bar system
- representing an Oregon manufacturing company in claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets and related business torts arising from a failed distribution relationship
- obtaining a voluntary dismissal of claims under the Washington Securities Law in a class action in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington arising from cryptocurrency transactions
- representing a client in Oregon state court and Oregon Supreme Court on novel issues of personal jurisdiction
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Gore served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Joel S. DeVore and the Honorable Kristina S. Hellman of the Oregon Court of Appeals.
During law school, Ms. Gore externed for the IRS Office of Chief Counsel's Small Business/Self-Employed Division in Portland. She also served as operations editor for the Oregon Law Review and as a tutor for the University of Oregon School of Law's Legal Research and Writing Program.
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D.
- University of Puget Sound, B.S., Molecular and Cell Biology; Politics and Government
- All State Courts in Oregon
- All U.S. District Courts in Oregon
- Women's Law Forum, University of Oregon School of Law, Treasurer, 2018-2019
- Order of the Coif
- Wayne Morse Law Fellowship, 2018
- Fredric R. Merrill Writing Award, Oregon Law Review, 2020
- Dean Orlando John Hollis Scholar Award for Academic Excellence, University of Oregon School of Law, 2020