Dayna M. Hutchins
Dayna M. Hutchins is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Boston office. Ms. Hutchins practices business and tax law, with a concentration in syndicated real estate transactions that qualify for federal low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC) and/or federal historic rehabilitation tax credits (HTC). Since joining Holland & Knight in 2005, she has closed hundreds of tax credit transactions involving complex debt and subsidy structures from public and private sources. She also has significant experience combining tax credit transactions with "mixed finance" public housing programs. She coordinates all aspects of her transactions, including advice on tax, corporate and real estate matters. Ms. Hutchins primarily represents syndicators and corporate investors, including several national and regional banks as well as insurance companies.
Ms. Hutchins is a former teacher and public school administrator. She taught young children with autism and related disorders and was the director of a special education program for students with severe disabilities. Throughout her tenure as a school administrator, Ms. Hutchins consulted with dozens of school districts throughout the Commonwealth on matters pertaining to curriculum design and teaching methods, and she was a frequent speaker at national and local conferences.
- Boston College, B.A., Interdisciplinary Studies in Education, summa cum laude
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Boston University, M.Ed., School Administration, Training and Policy Studies
- National Housing & Rehabilitation Association, Board Member
- American Bar Association
- ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association, Co-Chair, Affordable Housing Committee, 2007-2009
- Resource Partnership, Director, 2006-2010