Rachel M. Katz
Rachel Katz is an attorney in the New York real estate practice who represents clients in a range of sophisticated real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing and leasing matters. She focuses her practice on the development and operation of commercial, hospitality, mixed-use and residential properties, including the structuring and formation of condominium regimes. Ms. Katz has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating complex documents in a variety of real estate transactions. She routinely appears before the New York State Office of the Attorney General's Real Estate Finance Bureau in connection with the public and private offering of real property. Additionally, Ms. Katz advises cooperative and condominium boards in day-to-day affairs.
Ms. Katz's representative matters include:
- represented the developers of the mixed-use condominiums located at 212 Fifth Avenue, 21 East 12th Street, 347 Bowery, The Getty Condominium, 33 Park Row and The Bryant
- represented the developer of the residential condominium located at 45 East 22nd Street
- represented the developer in the formation and sale of a portion of The Hanley Condominium
- represented the sponsor in the filing of an offering plan for Madison House Condominium
- represented the developer in the filing of an offering plan for condominium residences affiliated with an international luxury hotel brand
- represented the developer in an assemblage in midtown Manhattan
- represented lenders and borrowers in the financing of buildings throughout New York City
- represented several sponsors in the negotiation and sale of residential and commercial condominium inventory
- represented sellers and purchasers in the transfer of residential property throughout New York City
- represented owners in the formation of leasehold condominiums and the sale of units to nonprofits
- represented developers in the formation of commercial condominiums in Manhattan and Brooklyn
- represented developers of mixed-use projects with affordable components, including negotiation with the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development and the New York State Housing Finance Agency
- represented condominium and cooperative boards, including the Baccarat Hotel and Residences, 100 Barclay Condominium and Columbus Park Towers
- represented owners in the leasing of ground floor retail and commercial space
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Katz represented market- and government-regulated cooperatives and condominiums in a wide variety of real estate work, including corporate governance matters, refinancing, Mitchell-Lama regulatory matters and general transactional matters. Additionally, Ms. Katz represented clients in the acquisition and disposition of residential property throughout New York City.
Ms. Katz was a member of the Cardozo Scholars Program at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
While attending the University of Maryland, Ms. Katz received an honors humanities citation from the University of Maryland's Honors College.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- University of Maryland, B.A., History, Government & Politics, honors
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Rising Star, New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2022