Danny Kavanaugh is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando office. Mr. Kavanaugh concentrates his practice on commercial litigation and handles cases ranging from simple breach of contract claims to complex business lawsuits.
Mr. Kavanaugh also focuses on the litigation of labor and employment cases in state and federal court, and represents clients in diverse industries from healthcare to government contracting. He also has experience in defending defamation claims, as well as mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and similar transactional matters.
While in law school, Mr. Kavanaugh interned with a city attorney's office, legal aid clinic and served a judge in the Sixth Judicial Circuit Teen Court. He also competed on the Stetson Law trial team, where he secured first-place wins in state and national competitions and multiple Top Advocate awards.
Prior to pursuing a law career, Mr. Kavanaugh served for more than a decade in the U.S. Army and deployed multiple times in support of the Global War on Terrorism. Before attending law school, he also served as a law enforcement officer and special weapons and tactics (SWAT) team member for the Titusville (Fla.) Police Department, and as a field training officer for the Orange County (Fla.) Sheriff's Office.
As part of Holland & Knight's involvement with the Florida Governor's Initiative on Lawyers Assisting Warriors (GI LAW), Mr. Kavanaugh provides pro bono representation to military service members throughout the state. In the community, Mr. Kavanaugh serves as a Guardian ad Litem and is a frequent guest lecturer for the criminal justice careers course at the University of Central Florida.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- Columbia College, B.G.S.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association (OBCA) Foundation, Board of Directors, 2017-Present
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Honors Scholarship, Stetson University College of Law
- Dean's Award, Stetson University College of Law
- Student Bar Association, President
- Rising Star Award, Stetson University College of Law
- Victor O. Wehle Trial Advocacy Award, Stetson University College of Law
- Book Award, Trial Advocacy
- Executive Excellence Award, Student Bar Association, Stetson University College of Law