Katelyn Madar is an attorney in Holland & Knight's San Francisco office and a member of the firm's West Coast Real Estate Practice Group.
Ms. Madar advises clients on a variety of real estate transactional matters, including commercial real estate finance, acquisitions and dispositions, development and hospitality. She represents national banks and other financial institutions, buyers and sellers, public and private real estate investment trusts (REITs), institutional investors, homebuilders and international hotel companies.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight as an attorney, Ms. Madar was a law clerk and summer associate in the firm's West Coast Real Estate Practice Group, where she worked on various projects, including hotel branding and leasing agreements for domestic and foreign mixed-use hospitality developments.
While in law school, Ms. Madar participated in the Startup Legal Garage, a program that assists early-stage technology startups. Under the supervision of participating attorneys, Ms. Madar advised the CEOs of startups in the agricultural and artificial intelligence fields on various matters, including corporate governance, vendor contracts and intellectual property. Ms. Madar also served as a student fellow for the UC Hastings Center on Tax Law, and as a research assistant for Center for Racial and Economic Justice Visiting Assistant Professor Evelyn Rangel-Medina.
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D., Certificate in Business Law, cum laude
- San Diego State University, B.A., Political Science, minor in Business Administration, summa cum laude
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network, San Francisco Chapter; Community Affairs Committee Member, 2021-2022
- Hastings Law Journal, Senior Production Editor, 2020-2021
- Award for Excellence in Public Law, San Diego State University, 2015-2016
- Frederick W. Pierce Scholarship for Volunteerism, San Diego State University, 2014-2015