Jonathan M. Marmo is a financial services litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. Mr. Marmo has several years of litigation experience defending claims brought under various consumer protection statutes, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and Truth in Lending Act (TILA) nationwide, as well as related state law claims.
Mr. Marmo's experience includes litigation at the state and federal level, and before various arbitration forums. He also offers counsel regarding collection practices, FCRA compliance and the reduction of potential liability.
In addition, Mr. Marmo has handled pension, business and real estate appraisals, as well as forensic therapists and child protective services.
In previous roles, Mr. Marmo has drafted and prepared purchase and service contracts for corporate clients, as well as nondisclosure, non-compete and independent contractor agreements for clients in the areas of real estate development, environmental remediation, banking, construction and sales. Mr. Marmo has also served as outside counsel to a New York regional bank, where he provided advice interpreting and explaining statutes and regulations to the bank's staff relating to powers of attorney, lending practices and the bank's responsibilities under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Represented creditors and third-party debt collectors in defense of class claims based upon the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Represented financial institutions in the development of terms and conditions for emerging credit card program, and revisions to existing collection and settlement correspondence to mitigate post-settlement liability
- Represented numerous clients in connection with divorce and family law matters, including the negotiation of divorce settlements and trial of contested divorce, custody and child support actions
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., Anthropology and English Literature
- New York
- Supreme Court of the State of New York, Second Judicial Department
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Allegheny County Bar Association, 2012-Present