Stephen McCallister is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston office, where he focuses his practice on real estate, real estate finance and banking matters across the country.
Mr. McCallister represents clients in the commercial real estate and banking industries, in connection with all aspects of real estate acquisition, leasing, financing, development and disposition. He also assists real estate developers with all phases of the development process, with an emphasis on medical office buildings and industrial projects.
In addition, Mr. McCallister represents national and regional banks and commercial lenders (including private bank clients), as well as borrowers in a variety of complex loan transactions, including construction, permanent, interim bridge and revolving facilities, secured by commercial real estate (including multifamily, industrial, warehouse, office, hotel and retail). He also has experience representing lenders on syndicated loan facilities.
- University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- The George Washington University, B.A., International Affairs
- Texas Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2017-Present
- State Bar of Texas, 2020-Present
- Houston Bar Association, 2020-Present
- University of Louisville Law Review, Vol. 54, Member, 2015-2016; Vol. 55, Notes Editor, 2016-2017
- Dean's List, University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law, 2015-2017